Driving traffic is high on top of the list of goals that companies need today to boost sales. There are many strategies to drive traffic like content marketing, link building, blogging, and many others. However, search engine optimization (SEO) remains among the most effective ways to make people aware of your online presence and subsequently improve traffic to your website. Here are five proven ways to get more people to visit your site.
1. Create affiliate program.
Creating an affiliate program for your business will not only increase sales but it will also help you build links. Links are still a ranking factor in Googles algorithm and by having an affiliate program it will help you get links to point to your website. So, by managing an affiliate program for your business, you will help get traffic to your website and also increase sales. A great affiliate software to help you create your referral program is OSI Affiliate Software.
2. Go local.
Local SEO helps companies and online stores to rank for searches that are geographically-focused. Since the majority of consumers now turn to the Internet for information, it makes sense that businesses make sure they can be found online as well. People are now searching for products and services with a more localized approach. Take note of these study findings: 1 in 3 Google searches is a local search; 4 in 10 people conduct a local search each day; and 70% of online searchers use local search when looking for offline businesses. Knowing this, you have to make sure that your business is optimized for local search. Get your site listed in online business listings, making sure that all details posted are accurate.
3. Integrate your online properties to raise awareness for your brand.
Like most other businesses or websites these days, you have social media accounts in Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn. However, not all companies are making maximum use of these powerful platforms. Embrace the power of social media and use all these to your benefit. Blend them with your website and all its pages. Set up each of your web page to include multiple social media sharing buttons. Doing this does not just increase brand awareness; it also gives your users a variety of platforms to follow your brand and remain informed about it.
4. Take advantage of social media in its different forms.
Here are three ways to capitalize on your social networking profiles:
- Information sharing – This refers to information you post about your product or service or even your company. Your social media profiles are excellent platforms from where you can let your audience be aware of any development in your business. Whether you have a new product or service to launch, or are planning a limited-time promotion or offer, an online sale, you should use your social media pages to keep your audience informed and engaged.
- Blogging – This strategy is one of today’s most effective forms of driving traffic to a website. A blog is usually used to express personal views and observations, but you can also use it to provide educational material such as how-to articles, tutorials, and useful tips. Promote your blog posts in social media to boost traffic.
- Photo/video uploading – More and more people are taking an increasing interest in photos and videos online. Therefore, you should use this to your advantage as well. Showcase your products or services through photos or videos and upload them on your website and post about them on your social media profiles. In fact, include relevant and high quality resolution images and videos on your web pages, most especially on your online store.
5. Build links.
Having links that point to your site is a major traffic driver. There are numerous ways to build links, but not all of them are accepted ways. So, make sure that you avoid black hat techniques when building backlinks. One very basic way is through blogging. Aside from building internal links (or linking out from your posts), blogging also attracts natural links to your content, particularly from readers who find your content interesting. Another way is through syndication and social bookmarking to reputable and popular websites such as StumbleUpon, Squidoo, Delicious and Digg. Submitting regular press releases to different sites is also an effective way of building links.
Getting more traffic to your website or online store is a critical step to ensuring that your business stays afloat. Therefore, make sure to put in significant time and effort in your traffic-driving strategies. In the end, you are able to boost results both for your short-term and long-term goals.